Notes for pickup & Drop off by car. Usually I go to the airport via Skybus, which is super convenient. However there are times when I need to drop off or pick up friends or family from the airport. This is for those occasion.
Terminal 4 Pickup & Drop off “the new transport hub”
For passenger arriving..
- It seems from the T4 FLOOR PLAN that there is only one exit from this terminal.
- And once you exit, you can find the transport hub by turning RIGHT and keep walking
- You will see a building at the end of the little road with a yellow escalator. This is the Transport Hub where cars can come in to pick up passenger. Go up the yellow escalator.
Once you are in front of the yellow escalator, it’s a good time to ring your friend (who is waiting elsewhere). They can then drive in and pick you up. It takes about 5-7 minutes to reach the pick up point from the driver’s waiting area.
- Once you reach the top of the escalator, turn left and the pick up area should be right ahead. Look into the ceiling and you will see that the pick up area are marked into 3 zones: A, B, and C. Pick one, and tell your friend where you are.
- Get your friend/family that you are picking up to read the above.
- Come earlier to the Wait Zone.
Free for 20 minute, in case time runs out just get out and get back in again. The waiting place have free WIFI too.
- Once your friend messaged or called you, head out to the pick up area.
- Terminal 4 – Pick up Arriving Passenger
- To reach the pick up point for arriving passenger, just follow this vid. (or just use Google map). Watch out for the signs of the road, sign for drivers are very clear and you shouldn’t get lost.
- In case you get booted out for waiting too long in the transport hub, just get out to the main road, keep to the right (don’t go M80 towards the city). There will be a traffic light that allows you to turn right and do a U-turn. Rinse and repeat.
- Terminal 3 – Pick up Arriving Passenger